Performs manual tasks related to the operation of the Sheet Aerator / Jogger machine, and other related duties as directed by the Cutting Department Manager.
Why Work for Us?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match
- Culture and engagement committee
- Unique family-owned culture
- Wellness program
- Room for growth and development
- Place pallet loads of sheeted paperboard stock into the Aerator Machine. Smoothly hob the sheets, blowing out excess paper dust and debris. Pulling out and disposing of bent or damaged sheets
- Replacing load identification tags signifying samples or defects requiring sorting
- Utilize electric hand truck to transport pallet loads of paperboard sheets to printing and cutting manufacturing areas for further processing
- Maintain production output and quality by periodically checking random sheet samples for cleanliness, smooth cut edge quality, and damage free sheets.
- Ensures all ISO 9000 Procedures, work instructions, QPOCS’, and order specifications are followed to produce a quality product while maintaining proper product identification
- Ensure proper Aerator operation by periodically performing preventative maintenance and lubrication requirements; while following manufacture’s guidelines
- Use WIP computer system to efficiently manage production
- Minimizes Aerator downtime by troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for maintenance assistance as required
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership and responsibility for accomplishing different requests while exploring opportunities to add value to the organization
Cutting Department Manager
Able to use basic math to Add / Subtract / Multiply / Divide
Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, peers, and other employees. Have active listening skills, attention to details, and follow-through. Have a strong customer focus. Required to identify areas of need, while defining problems, and identifying potential options and solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations. Must demonstrate tact, professionalism, teamwork, flexibility, attention to detail, an organized approach to work with a positive attitude.
Majority of tasks require some judgment. Needs to define problems, draw valid conclusions. Must exhibit solid attention to detail. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Normal level of concentration is required for accuracy.
All duties to be performed in compliance with the company guidelines, and safety policy.
MUST WEAR Ear plug hearing protection, safety glasses, and face mask in Designated Areas.
MUST WEAR Hair Net when handling direct food contact packaging.
No experience necessary. Manufacturing experience is a plus.
High School Diploma or GED required
Zumbiel Packaging is a fourth-generation family-owned business that has been in the printing business for over 170 years. We are a printing company offering a wide range of products from beverage to consumer, and one of the leading in the industry. This is a company that offers the opportunity for a career and a unique culture with our family-owned atmosphere.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Zumbiel Packaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.