Responsible for operating a forklift and turret truck to assist with loading/unloading trucks, and other related duties as directed by the Shipping Department Manager.
Why Work for Us?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match
- Culture and engagement committee
- Unique family-owned culture
- Wellness program
- Room for growth and development
- Experience in shipping, loading, and order picking functions
- Operates forklift, turret truck and walkie-rider pallet jacks to load/unload trucks and pick orders
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects, records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel
- Ensures materials are properly located and maintained following storage procedures, safety, and quality/GMP standards
- Reviews job ticket for shipping requirements and special instructions
- Assures that job orders are properly packaged and boxed for shipping
- Communicates with appropriate associates to verify information on job tickets prior to shipping job order
- Fill client orders while maintaining daily quality and production targets by using an RF Scanner to pick products
- Ship client orders per customer specifications
- Operate equipment and/or perform specialist functions
- Exhibits a safety-first attitude in all that is done, from proper PPE compliance to keeping the work environment safe and hazard-free
- Promotes our safety standards through compliance with our GMP program
- Perform all additional duties as required
Able to use basic math to Add / Subtract / Multiply / Divide
Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, peers, and other employees. Have active listening skills, attention to details, and follow-through. Have a strong customer focus. Required to identify areas of need, while defining problems, and identifying potential options and solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations. Must demonstrate tact, professionalism, teamwork, flexibility, attention to detail, an organized approach to work with a positive attitude.
Majority of tasks require some judgment. Needs to define problems, draw valid conclusions. Must exhibit solid attention to detail. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Normal level of concentration is required for accuracy.
Shipping Department Manager
Zumbiel Packaging is a fourth-generation family-owned business that has been in the printing business for over 170 years. We are a printing company offering a wide range of products from beverage to consumer, and one of the leading in the industry. This is a company that offers the opportunity for a career and a unique culture with our family-owned atmosphere.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Zumbiel Packaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.