The objective of this individual will be to uphold the integrity of the manufacturing and facility equipment along with maintaining a professional environment within the department. The Maintenance department goals are to improve product output and quality to maintain a competitive edge in the paperboard packaging industry with a safe and skillful approach.
Why Work for Us?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match
- Culture and engagement committee
- Unique family-owned culture
- Wellness program
- Room for growth and development
- Installation and repair of all machinery and building equipment
- Acknowledge and enforce department/company policies
- Work closely wand communicate professionally with all company classifications to assure good effective team concept
- Readily available for technical support to all in-house customers
- Willingness to assist any associate no matter the job classification
- Familiarization and understanding of the company Hazardous Waste Emergency Contingency Plan
Troubleshooting and technical skill requirements:
- Electrical (light)
- Comprehension of multiple types of prints and schematics
Work with Maintenance Leadman:
- Preventative maintenance activities
- Equipment modifications and upgrades
- Spare part and supply inventories
Able to use basic math to Add / Subtract / Multiply / Divide
Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, peers, and other employees. Have active listening skills, attention to details, and follow-through. Have a strong customer focus. Required to identify areas of need, while defining problems, and identifying potential options and solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations. Must demonstrate tact, professionalism, teamwork, flexibility, attention to detail, an organized approach to work with a positive attitude.
Majority of tasks require some judgment. Needs to define problems, draw valid conclusions. Must exhibit solid attention to detail. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Normal level of concentration is required for accuracy.
All duties to be performed in compliance with the company guidelines, and safety policy.
MUST WEAR Ear plug hearing protection, safety glasses, and face mask in Designated Areas.
MUST WEAR Hair Net when handling direct food contact packaging.
No experience necessary. Manufacturing experience is a plus.
High School Diploma or GED required
Zumbiel Packaging is a fourth-generation family-owned business that has been in the printing business for over 170 years. We are a printing company offering a wide range of products from beverage to consumer, and one of the leading in the industry. This is a company that offers the opportunity for a career and a unique culture with our family-owned atmosphere.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Zumbiel Packaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.