Zumbiel Packaging is a fourth-generation family-owned business that has been in the printing business for over 170 years. We are a printing company offering a wide range of products from beverage to consumer, and one of the leading in the industry. This is a company that offers the opportunity for a career and a unique culture with our family-owned atmosphere.
Why work for us?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match
- Culture and engagement committee
- Unique family-owned culture
- Wellness program
- Room for growth and development
The Production Planner is responsible for the ultimate schedule of all plant assets. Also responsible for maintaining customer inventory levels based on customer supplied forecasts and historical shipment data for customers and items identified for analysis.
- Utilize scheduling software to plan activity on plant assets and publish reports.
- Establish and maintain inventory levels and run sizes on Press 73 to ensure profitability and service
- Establish and maintain inventory levels and run sizes on Press 72 to ensure profitability and service
- Establish and maintain inventory levels for customer accounts and items as requested.
- Provide factory order quantities for production runs as needed for items that have managed inventory levels
- Create accurate cost estimates for factory orders created.
- Write accurate factory orders
- Departmental KPI reporting as assigned.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Inventory turns (target)
- Spoilage (target)
- Average order size (All printing assets)
- Inventory position (Press 73 – target)
- Factory order writing accuracy (Goal)
- Estimate accuracy (Goal)
- On-time delivery (cartons-target)
Able to use basic math to Add / Subtract / Multiply / Divide
Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, peers, and other employees. Have active listening skills, attention to details, and follow-through. Have a strong customer focus. Required to identify areas of need, while defining problems, and identifying potential options and solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations. Must demonstrate tact, professionalism, teamwork, flexibility, attention to detail, an organized approach to work with a positive attitude.
Majority of tasks require some judgment. Needs to define problems, draw valid conclusions. Must exhibit solid attention to detail. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Normal level of concentration is required for accuracy.
All duties to be performed in compliance with the company guidelines, and safety policy.
MUST WEAR Ear plug hearing protection, safety glasses, and face mask in Designated Areas.
MUST WEAR Hair Net when handling direct food contact packaging.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Zumbiel Packaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.